Need health coverage?
Californians who lost healthcare benefits along with their employment now have pathway to health coverage via CoveredCA or MediCal
Californians who have lost their employment now have a ready path to healthcare coverage during the COVID-19 crisis either through Medi-Cal or the plans offered via Covered California, thanks to a partnership between Covered California and the CA Dept of Health Care Services (DHCS).
Effective Friday, March 20, Covered California opened the health insurance exchange to any eligible uninsured individuals who need health care coverage amid the COVID-19 national emergency.
In their March 20 press release, Covered California stated, “All medically necessary screening and testing for COVID-19 are free of charge, and all health plans available through Medi-Cal and Covered California offer telehealth options.” DHNC has additionally put new steps in place to insure that those eligible for Medi-Cal can sign up easily, and get covered immediately.
Anyone who meets Covered California’s eligibility requirements, which are similar to those in place during the annual open-enrollment period, can sign up for coverage through the extended deadline of June 30, 2020.
Learn more and sign up for coverage at https://www.coveredca.com/
- Join Our Email ListFor Email Marketing you can trust.
- LAUSD Job Opportunity
- District 7 Change in Street Sweeping Hours
- BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS SOLICITS APPLICATIONS FOR CIVILIAN HEARING EXAMINERS
- May 2019 Highlights from USC Civic Engagement
- Fire Station Drive for Washer/Dryer
- Community Survey
- Help Make Los Angeles Stronger and Safer
– Sign Up at Neighborland.com/la
Find Us On Facebook